Sunday, June 27, 2010

Moving again and the new house...

Hard to believe it's been a few months since I've last updated my blog.

We had a vacation planned for California and two days before we went we received noticed the landlords would like to move back into their house.

Vacation was fun-very nice to see family and friends again and wish we could live closer to each other or at least see each other more! Oh how I miss Laguna Beach too. Wouldn't it be nice to live at the beach year round? Especially with daily room service. :)

So now it's time for purging excess junk, even though we moved in less than a year ago. We still accumulated things we need to give away so that's what I'm concentrating on now. I have packed a few boxes but most of it is going to have to wait until next week.

We came about the new house in a different way. I had been pouring over different sites for weeks looking for houses for us. All of them four + bedrooms. I was so frustrated over the lack of available rentals! We had gone to the base and seen housing, which, incidentally, is the nicest housing I have ever seen! But the one we would get would be between two units and no yard space! We have been very very blessed with a huge yard here and giving that up would be very hard indeed, especially with a huge dog.

So finally I had the idea of why not looking at a 3 bedroom with a basement that could be used as a bedroom? I immediately found one that we wanted to see. I called the realtor right away and she said she could show it to us in just a few hours. We already had four other houses to see that day in NH so we got ready and went to see that house first. We were amazed!

The house is high up on a hill with views of downtown Boston, Cape Cod, and in the other direction, the hills of New Hampshire. It has a huge backyard with forests on both sides and tons of huge stones. The house is only a few years old, as are all the houses in the neighborhood. The owners built a playhouse for their grandchildren (it's nice inside-they actually tiled the floor) and put lots of fairy houses around that area. The entire back yard has lots of little and mid sized statues, a waterfall, a view of the pond straight across the road that the kids can ice skate on in the winter and so much foliage it will be wonderful come spring again to see what she has there! She also said we can plant anything we want so I'm thinking blackberry and blueberry bushes. Mmmmmm.....

So back to the story of the houses. We did end up driving to NH to see the other houses but we couldn't stop thinking about that one. So I called the realtor at 9:30 that night and said "we want it, don't give it away!". It's a good thing too because a few days later when we were at the house with the realtor and the owners signing the lease the realtor kept getting calls about it and said "Ever since you guys called about it people have been calling non stop!".

We really feel this is where God wants us for right now and Dave says GOD gave me the thought of looking at three bedrooms since there wasn't much else. I'll go with that! For one thing it is closer to the church that He gave us clear direction on going to months ago. We weren't even looking in that area originally and didn't think we'd live around there. He also knew we didn't want to give up a big yard and privacy and boy does this have both! In addition, I had told Dave I wasn't sure I was comfortable with the girls living in the basement because I was worried about radon. When we were there with the owners, the lady owner actually brought up the subject on her own and said they'd had a radon system installed! This was just the final thing, and I kinda had to laugh and say "thanks God!" for taking care, once again, of all our worries and pondering and getting it all worked out.

The owners are very nice and actually spent three hours with us at their house, showing us around the house and yard and just talking. They don't live far and know everyone in the neighborhood because he actually built all of the houses in the neighborhood.

I'm excited that the house actually has a library, and the woman said she purposely did not put a phone jack or computer wiring or anything in there because it's supposed to be a retreat. It also has an office for Dave which will really help. I LOVE that the master bedroom is on the first floor, hurray, finally!!! I think the best room is a screened in sunroom she had built and is going to leave me the daybed in their with some furniture, a beautiful mirror and a few other things. I think I'm going to live out there in the summer!

The kids were excited (okay, I won't lie, I was too!) that while we were there we saw a chipmunk and a very big groundhog just out very leisurely moving around the rocks and yard. They did say there are foxes (I just pray no coyotes) and other animals around because of the forest. It's a nature lovers paradise.

It is a very beautiful house and has so many plusses about it that we are all just wishing the time would fly until we can move in! This house and the land is beautiful too but it's old so it has many problems, some of which were not fixed at all while living here.

I will definitely miss this house for it's beautiful yard, house and land, and proximity to Main St. which has Starbucks, a GREAT Mexican restaurant, and many other great things but I'm sure God has great things in store for us in the new house and area!

No comments:

Post a Comment