Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring in New England

Spring is beautiful here! I was able to go outside today in the morning, drink my coffee, do my daily reading, and sit in the warm sun.

I closed my eyes to take it all in because there were so many different birds out making all sorts of birdsongs. All I could hear were the birds, the squirrels and in the distance construction workers hammering away. I love that sound for some reason-the sound of hammers echoing off in the distance with just nature for the other background noise.

When I opened my eyes after several minutes, I was struck by just how beautiful it is! We have quite a big backyard with all these New England style houses all around, and it's very hilly. The owners here planted all sorts of gorgeous plants, trees and flowers that are in full bloom in the spring.

Bright yellow trees, bright pink trees, and tulips! Oh how I love tulips, they are my favorite flowers and they have planted them everywhere in the yard-side, front and back. They also planted a few flowering bushes that are different shades of purple. One of them has gorgeous purple flowers but smells like a lemon pez! Does anyone know what that one might be?

The sky was a magnificent color of blue and the clouds were white and fluffy. I was able to see a few cardinals today, a few bluejays (who were the noisiest!), lots of little birds, and Erin saw a woodpecker. I felt so grateful to God for making such a beautiful earth!

I can't wait for the ferns to continue blossoming and growing too. Soon all the leaves will be on the trees and I won't be able to see far off down Main Street anymore, but for now I'm enjoying seeing new buds and growth on the flowers and trees every single day.

Bellessimo!

3 comments:

  1. Amy I love your post and it made me feel at peace and oh so sleepy! I want to save up money and come and visit you!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I have a visual! Good post! I want to save my money and come visit you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I would love to have both of you visit me, we'd have so much fun and relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete